HVAC Service Engineer
Our client is searching for a dedicated Service Engineer. The role entails remote working, connected via PDA work log Protean system. You will carry out daily visits to customer’s premises to carry out service and maintenance operations on buses/coaches (as well as various other vehicles), involving air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, heating, ventilation and cooling systems is required.
The area of responsibility covers, Essex, Herts, Berkshire, London, Kent, Sussex, Surrey & Hampshire. Whilst the primary operating area will involve customers based in London and South East area of UK, there may be some UK travel involved for both customer and business needs (including training). Overnight stays are sometimes required for this role.
- Repair and routine maintenance of contracted HVAC products in primarily buses and coaches (both inside and outside of warranty).
- Routine maintenance and repairs in new generation, full EV buses
- Repairs and scheduled maintenance to refrigerant-based HVAC products at customer premises.
- Be responsible for planning and completing works within contract time frames.
- Must be flexible in order to cover breakdowns in peak seasons and extreme weather conditions.
- General customer service duties, representing the business and becoming an interface between the customer, sales team and Aftermarket Commercial Manager.
- Promoting added sales of current product portfolio
- Ensuring Protean jobs are completed daily.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Full driving license (max 6pts)
- Able to work on own initiative as remote field service engineer.
- Flexibility to work, as part of a wider team when appropriate
- Experience on automotive HVAC systems with FGAS certification
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- High voltage trained – an advantage (but not a requirement), training/certification will be offered to the right candidate.
- Broad knowledge of vehicle electrics with ability to read and understand wiring diagrams/schematics.
- Have the ability to be able to work at height (training provided where necessary)
- Ideally to have served a recognised apprenticeship, or possess relevant technical qualifications.
- Time served industry candidates will be considered.
Package & Benefits
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive salary
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Pension scheme
- Company Van
- Fuel Card
- Professional development and training