Control Engineering Team Lead
Following significant growth within their Electrification and Automation Business, our client is searching for an experienced Control Engineering Team Lead, with experience in the Electrical Power Transmission & Distribution industry.
The Energy market is experiencing rapid technological advancement and as such our client’s customers’ control system functionality and integration needs are constantly evolving. To meet and more importantly exceed their customers’ requirements they need to deliver a portfolio of complex yet economically viable control system solutions.
The successful candidate will be in a leadership role for the Substation Control System Team, with the responsibility of leading the delivery team on helping upgrade existing infrastructure using the latest portfolio of control systems to ensure future sustainability for T&D network.
- Managing, leading and coaching the Transmission SCS delivery team (6-8 people).
- Provide support to the team to ensure projects are delivered to highest quality standards and on time.
- Ensure compliance with customer technical specifications on projects delivered by the team.
- Work with the team to develop and deliver cost saving initiatives.
- Develop / Implement / Quality Control of the control systems delivery processes.
- Liaise with internal/external engineers to provide complete solutions.
- Resource/Project allocation management of the team.
- Providing technical input for the pre-sales activities.
- Attend internal and external design reviews providing technical input.
- Experience of leading a multi-skilled engineering team.
- Growth mindset with ambition to continue the collaborative environment between the engineering teams.
- Experience of National Grid delivery and/or Control / Automation background.
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering and/or experience in the Electricity Transmission and Distribution Industry
In addition to a market-competitive salary, we offer a performance-based bonus, flexible working hours, a pension plan with employer contributions up to 10%, 26 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), and the option to buy or sell an additional 5 days + other flexible benefits.
Our client recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of their business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants.