Lead Control System Solution Designer
Following significant growth within their Electrification and Automation Business, our client is searching for an experienced Lead Control System Solution Architect to join their team.
The Energy market is experiencing rapid technological advancement and as such, customers’ control system functionality and integration needs are constantly evolving. To meet and more importantly exceed customers’ requirements they need to develop a portfolio of complex yet economically viable control system solutions.
Location: This role can be based at their Hebburn OR Manchester office and is a hybrid role that would allow you to work remotely for 2 days per week.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Principal (or above) level Control Engineer who can design and develop marketable solutions utilizing the full portfolio of business products.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the industry and distribution control solution portfolio and providing expert-level advice to the Sales teams, Protection and Control Engineering Delivery Teams, and the Product Lifecycle Managers (PLMs).
- Reviewing customer invitation to tender (ITT) documents and designing appropriate solutions to achieve the required scope.
- Analysing market requirements, gained from the review of multiple ITT documents, and developing common solutions.
- Lead technical proposals and presentations with clients to agree functionality and scope.
- Manage relationships and engage with headquarters (HQ) Solution Architect community.
- Act as the regional sponsor and owner for escalations to the HQ Solution Architect team.
- Review and preparation of Technical Pre-Qualification Questions on behalf of all teams within the PA Solutions Portfolio.
- Support the Sales team in the development of opportunities.
- Support the Engineering Delivery Teams as a point of technical escalation and in customer design review meetings.
- Support the Proposals team in preparation of complex bids.
- Identify and suggest mitigation measures for technical risks.
- Help prepare and support the LOA presentations to senior stakeholders whereby there is a new application of technology or novel aspect of the project requiring development.
- Degree qualified, Chartership desirable.
- Extensive experience as a Control System Engineer.
- Working (or have worked previously) as an Engineering Manager, Control System Team Lead or Control System Consultant.
- Experience as being the lead engineer for a research, complex development, or new technology application project.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience engaging with overseas stakeholders.
- Developing and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Dynamic approach to problem solving.
- Customer focused approach.
- Be organised, practical and have a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ownership for their area of responsibility.
In addition to a market-competitive salary, we offer a performance-based bonus, flexible working hours, a pension plan with employer contributions up to 10%, 26 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), and the option to buy or sell an additional 5 days + other flexible benefits.
Our client recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of their business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants.