Senior Control Design Engineer
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Control Design Engineer with experience in the Electrical Power Transmission & Distribution industry to help find solutions consolidating and enhancing the Nation’s electricity network for a smarter and brighter future.
The successful candidate will be in a Design Engineer role with the responsibility for helping upgrade existing infrastructure using our client’s latest portfolio of control systems to ensure future sustainability for the UK’s T&D network.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Technically lead the control scheme team and provide training support to the new colleagues.
- Production / checking of functional design specifications and design intent documents.
- Develop and design schematics for the control systems.
- Liaise with internal/external design engineers to provide complete solutions.
- Ensure compliance with customer technical specifications on allocated projects.
- Providing technical input for the pre-sales activities.
- Responsible for technical issues/support on allocated projects.
- Attend internal and external design reviews providing technical input.
- Experience of National Grid delivery and/or Control / Automation background.
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering and/or experience in the Electricity Transmission and Distribution Industry
- Experience in a similar role involving scheme design of medium to large scale SCADA systems, control systems, automation systems and communication infrastructure.
- Good understanding of the Circuit Diagrams / Wiring Diagrams and General Arrangement drawings on control and protection systems.
- Desire to technically lead the Control Scheme team and develop new design engineers for the expanding team.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. They have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Our client recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of their business. They strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants.