Principal Design Engineer (Electrical Transmission)
Our client is searching for a Principal Design Engineer with experience in the Transmission & Distribution industry to help them find solutions consolidating and enhancing the nation’s electricity network.
They have secured a position on National Grid’s 5 Year Light Current Framework, providing systems with the latest technology on new National Grid substations and extending the existing infrastructure & improving total capacity.
This role allows you to be based anywhere in the UK, you could work remotely with occasional travel to meet up with your team in the Newcastle office.
Building a diverse workforce is critical to their success. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants.
- Ensure compliance with customer technical specifications, working with customers to scope requirements and design solutions which support and grow our market position
- Governance of Engineering output and quality
- Development and configuration of engineering protection & control solutions
- Responsible for technical issues/support on allocated projects
- Ensuring solutions meet the requirements of the latest policies and standards
- Provide technical input for tendering activities
- Mentoring of apprentices / graduates / engineers within the business – encourage feedback, listening and challenge in an open team environment that supports innovation and learning
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Experience of National Grid delivery and specifications/standards are essential.
- Experience in a similar role involving governance and detailed design of protection and control systems for transmission network.
- Experience with the following technologies: SIP 4, SIP 5, DIGSI 4, DIGSI 5
- TP141 accreditation would be extremely advantageous
The compensation package includes a competitive salary, an annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.