Safety Case Engineer
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a global engineering business as they deliver top-notch professional services to the largest nuclear construction project in the UK. The project is slated to take 10 years or more, meaning there will be significant job security & opportunities for career progression.
Salary budget: £60,000 – £80,000, depending on experience.
Hybrid work, 2 days in central London or Gloucester.
Principial Accountabilities, Activities and Decision
- To understand the safety case elements related to internal hazards and fire protection/life safety.
- Provide support to the Internal Hazards topic lead on all aspects of internal hazards topic.
- Provide support to the Safety Studies & Methodology Group Lead on aspects of the fire protection/life safety topic, including interfacing with the technical leads for that topic inside EDF Nuclear Services.
- Identification, production or review of design basis internal hazards/fire assessments.
- To develop or review strategies and methodologies for managing and assessing risks from internal Hazards.
- Understand, and be able to explain to others, the general provisions for protection from hazards.
- Manage the production and development of the sections of the site-specific safety case.
- Support the system groups in the Technical Client Organisation in developing changes to the safety case.
- Work effectively and maintain a strong relationship with all Engineering and Regulatory bodies.
- Co-ordinate support from other external organisations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in physical science, maths or engineering;
- Chartered engineer status would be desirable.
Technical and Commercial Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable evidence of complex safety case management/production within the nuclear industry with particular emphasis on hazards safety cases and/or fire protection/life safety;
- Identification and resolution of issues and development work within the life cycle of nuclear plant construction through to operational level;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to operate autonomously or as part of a team;
- Understanding the needs of quality;
- Decision making capability for resolution of safety case issues;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.