Requirements Management PM
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a global engineering business as they deliver top-notch professional services to one of the largest construction projects in the UK. Beyond the initial scope of work, the project is slated to take 10 years or more, meaning there will be significant opportunities to move around and take new relevant positions.
Job Purpose / Overview
The Systems PM will be part of the PMO team responsible for the delivery of Requirements Management (RM) services.
The Systems PM will primarily be responsible for managing the development of the L2 requirements baseline, managing and overseeing the maintenance of the DOORS baseline, and maintaining the IMS procedure for the management of Design Requirements. The Systems PM will also support the Lead Systems Engineer in the development of strategy and subsequent plans, processes, policies and procedures to broaden, over time, the breadth of RM deployment as business needs develop.
Scope of the Role
- Management of 2 Direct Reports minimum.
- This post holder will have line management responsibility and will be required to mentor Cost Managers and Analysts.
- This individual will oversee specialist consultants engaged to provide the skills and support necessary to capture requirements, manage into DOORS and configure the DOORS baseline for use by others.
- Leading on the development of the DOORS baseline at Levels 2 and 3 of the Design Requirements Management Procedure.
- Development and continuous improvement of the programme’s Design Requirements Management Strategy & Procedure and all associated processes and procedures required to deliver effective and efficient requirements management.
- Provide periodic reporting on the status of the baseline and the extent to which it is being assured.
- Ensuring that the project applies and adheres to the IMS Design Requirements Management Procedure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educated to professional standard and membership of an appropriate body and to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to communicate cost and performance information to peers/managers/client in a way that is understood by all, especially those with limited knowledge of project controls.
- Pro-active and able to thrive in a fast-past and dynamic environment.
- Good attention to detail and skilled in interpreting and analysing cost and resource data.
- Comfortable with challenging assumptions and processes in order to constantly improve the delivery of performance data.
- Detailed working knowledge of cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, and solving problems.
- Strong understanding/ working knowledge of Requirements Management (such DOORS Next)
- Experienced in line & team management.
- Experienced in working within Project Controls in a Major Programme environment.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
Package & Benefits
- Competitive salary, up to six figures.
- Pension scheme, with up to 10% contributions from employer.
- Private medical.
- Life assurance.
- Income protection.
- Further flexible benefits range including electric car scheme, holiday buy-and-sell and more.