Senior Risk Manager
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a global engineering business as they deliver top-notch professional services to one of the largest construction projects in the UK. The project is slated to take 10 years or more, meaning there will be significant job security & opportunities for career progression.
Job Purpose / Overview
This role sits within the PMO and reports to the Risk Lead, supporting the Programme executive and Project Managers in the delivery of the project. The PMO Risk team has overall responsibility for Portfolio level Risks and integration of the Programme Risk Registers. The role also covers functional management of other Risk resources within the given delivery Programme.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the development and maintenance of the Risk strategy, plan and processes, consistent with HM Treasury Orange Book principles and industry best practice.
- Develop and produce key reports to inform both internal and external stakeholders in Risk performance, as well as key risks, issues, and assumptions, and
- Deliver assured quantitative risk assessments for time and cost in support of the delivery of the programme contingency estimate.
Key Stakeholders and Relationships
- Heads of teams
- Risk team and wider PMO colleagues
- Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Supporting the development of a Risk culture across the Programme.
- Work with the Organisational Risk Team to further develop the Programme Risk Registers prior to the commencement of works (at which point dedicated Risk managers will be appointed).
- Lead the identification and development of risk mitigation and/or action plans within the Owners Scope.
- Support the Risk Manager in developing and maintaining the Risk management plan.
- Conduct Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) on the Integrated Works Schedule.
- Organise and Facilitate workshops for data gathering.
- The Identification, assignment and recording of Programme wide & strategic risk to prevent duplication.
The postholder will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and facilitating risk workshops and reviews with stakeholders.
- Helping Stand-up Risk Management Software.
- Liaise with project teams and programme leadership to identify new and emerging risks and manage and update current risks,
- Produce accurate periodic risk update reports to inform programme management.
- Manage and maintain the project’s risk registers using the project risk database.
- Highlight risks that may require higher level management for resolution or escalation.
- Actively encourage and embed the risk management culture by conducting training and providing guidance to improve competency across the PMO & Programmes.
- Collaborate with other Project Controls disciplines to align Schedule and financial risks, and maintain alignment with best practice guidelines
- Recommend/ implement continuous process improvements as and when required.
- Ensuring the Quality/ suitability of Cost & Schedule models for QSRA & QCRA
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 10+ years Demonstrable Risk Management experience on Major Projects/ Programmes.
- Risk management – Vocational or Formal training
- Monte-Carlo data analysis tool experience
- Experience of developing QSRA models
- Enterprise risk management application knowledge.
- Demonstrable use of numerical and verbal communication skills within a business environment
- Membership of one or more risk or project management organisation e.g. APM, PMI, IRM, CERA or a suitable equivalent.
- Data analysis
- P6, Microsoft Project or similar planning tool experience
- Presentation skills