Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner Role – £65,000 + bonus and benefits – Hybrid
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance (Support and Central Functions), this role will play a key part in ensuring the quality and consistency of financial information relating to the Support and Central Functions within a major Energy supplier.
As a Totex Finance Business Partner you will provide comprehensive management accounting and business insight to Senior Leadership within the relevant functions. You will be responsible for the month end accounts closure process and required to deputise for the Head of Finance (Support and Central Functions) where necessary in providing support to the Exec team and the wider leadership team.
You will lead the compilation and review of financial performance, ensuring that all team outputs are relevant, timely and accurate and provide insightful commentaries and financial analysis to support the relevant functions to build robust business plans, budgets and forecasts, applying robust financial risk management by identifying, leading and coordinating the quantification of risks and opportunities.
- Identify and drive the implementation of improvements to financial processes within the Support and Central Functions Finance Team and utilise best practice methodologies, drawing on external sources and internal references, in order to drive value across the business.
- Support the Head of Finance (Support and Central Functions) in engaging with the wider business to establish, maintain and monitor the financial control framework, ensuring adherence to key controls.
- Lead and manage a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused finance team, developing talent and a performance management culture that drives value through staff engagement and successfully meets/exceeds all relevant targets and strategic objectives within the business unit.
- Support the delivery of change across finance and the business, role-modelling new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long term business capability.
- Proactively build own knowledge of the RIIO2 & RIIO3 regulatory frameworks and its impact on the industry and the business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide own business area.
- Play a critical role providing high quality business partnering and insightful financial information to the Support and Central Functions Leadership Teams.
- Financial support extends beyond the monthly close cycle and the management of the cyclical budgeting and planning activities to the provision of insights and constructive challenge to the business to continuously improve their financial performance.
- Deal with the most complex ad-hoc requests, escalated issues and non-standard analysis in order to contribute to the delivery of business unit objectives.
- Role requires fully qualified accountant, ideally with post-qualification experience in a business partnering role.
- Highly skilled at stakeholder management / customer relationship excellence
- Experience in influencing others and negotiation skills in order to build and maintain effective relationships with staff, management and other key stakeholders
- Written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and the ability to influence and explain financial issues and results to senior Leaders
- Financial & commercial acumen, with the ability to demonstrate initiative and sound judgement
- Systems skills with experience of driving process efficiency
- Prior experience in reporting financial information including planning, forecasting and budgeting and working within MS Excel and financial Systems (SAP/BPC)
- Experienced at financial and investment appraisal
- You must hold a valid current UK driving licence as travel to sites within the business will be a requirement for the role
What’s In It For You
We are committed to supporting our employees to get the best out of themselves. For this role in particular we can offer:
- Funding and support towards completing relevant qualifications
- Ample opportunity for progression within the business
- Mentoring and guidance opportunities
We are also working flexibly, if this is something that you are interested in then please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss.
We offer a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle and support your well-being. These include:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 statutory days and an option to buy or sell holiday days
- An Annual Performance Bonus of up to 15% of your salary
- A generous pension scheme where the company double matches your contributions up to 12% i.e. if you contribute 6% a month, the company will contribute 12%
- A competitive salary that’s reviewed each year against the market median salary for your role, skills, knowledge and experience
- MyChoices benefits like bicycles, salary sacrifice cars and healthcare that you can pick and choose from. You could get a better deal than you would on the high street and make tax and National Insurance savings
- Private Medical Insurance for you, your partner and your family available through MyChoices, our flexible benefits programme, with access to a 24 hour Bupa HealthLine
- A free Employee Assistance Line where you can get support and advice on any of the challenges you’re facing, completely confidentially
- Support to help you cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, examination fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role
- A Matched Giving scheme where the Company will match any funds raised by permanent employees for registered charities up to £400 each year
- The chance to say “thank you” to one another when you’ve done a good job through our Colleague Congratulates Scheme
We want our employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it. Let us know about your flexibility requirements, whether that be reduced hours, remote working, flexible start/finish times, or compressed hours, and we will be more than happy to explore what’s possible for the role.