DevOps & Environment Manager
DevOps & Environment Manager
Location: Nottingham City Centre, hybrid
Our client is looking for an DevOps & Environment Manager to join their IT & Digital Department on a permanent basis.
- The DevOps and Environment Manager will be responsible defining and maintaining the strategies for the successful deployment of software through code completion to live deployments while maintaining the alignment to overall DevOps / DevSecOps strategies.
- Additionally, they will be responsible for overseeing the build and maintenance of product environments. This role will provide direction and guidance to strategic partner to ensure that all work is aligned with goals and objectives.
- The DevOps and Environment Manager will lead the DevOps & Cloud Environment activities to support the design, automation and maintenance of product solutions across MS Dynamics, Azure & AWS.
- They will be responsible for owning, maintaining and continuously improving the process for cloud environments and setting the direction for internal teams & partners operating within a DevOps framework.
- While this is a leadership role, hands on experience is required.
- Own the end to end strategies for CI/CD, Code Branching & Environment Management for UK.
- Work with business’ strategic partner to develop and maintain DevOps / DevSecOps strategies for code pipelines, code branching, and environment management.
- Oversee all work in building and maintaining product environments, DevOps pipelines, and code repositories to ensure compliance with overall strategy.
- Define, Operate, and continuously improve Cloud environments and CI/CD pipelines across the end-to-end architecture required for the UK Solutions side of the business.
- Own the DevOps standards and ensure that documentation exists and is continually up to date.
- Ensure the needs of the product teams can be met for cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with solution architects to define solutions to customer and business problems and drive a DevOps approach into all solutions activities
- Operate within an agile and CI/CD environment
- Work closely with the joint business and technology product teams to solve customer problems
- Work with integration teams to enable front end solutions to operate within the scope of the overall UK solutions architecture.
- Keep on top of industry trends and best practices to allow innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support for the restoration of service during incident downtime.
- Proactively find ways to increase the velocity of product teams and look for opportunities to automate manual tasks.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to Junior DevOps team members
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices related to DevOps / DevSecOps and environment management
- Established leader within a DevOps & Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within a multi partner / vendor environment.
- Deep understanding of DevOps / DevSecOps best practices
- Strong understanding of code pipelines, branching strategies, and environment management best practices.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure) and related tasks
- Knowledge of different scripting/programming languages (bash, PowerShell, Golang, Python) Experience with Linux/Unix platform and Windows platform regarding administration, infrastructural setup, scripting and virtualization
- Experience with cloud automation for DevOps
- Experience with code versioning systems and CI/CD frameworks (Gitlab, Jenkins) Knowledge and experience of working in secure environment frameworks based as ISO27001.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps, Jira & Confluence
- In depth knowledge of cloud networking
- Experience of operating in an AWS, Azure and MS Dynamics eco-system
- Experience with IAC and deployment tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Helm, Vault Experience deploying highly available and scalable distributed architectures based on microservices
- Accreditation in agile and/or DevOps methodologies
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Package & Benefits
Their market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. Their benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022.