Scheduler/Planner – Junior to Senior roles available
Our client, a major engineering business, has multiple opportunities for Schedulers based at Sizewell C. The Scheduler reports directly to the Project Controls Manager (Scheduling) and is responsible for the direction and co-ordination of all Project Controls activities associated with the design, construction and commissioning of all plant and construction systems to deliver 2 EPRs at SZC within safety, quality, time and cost milestones for a specific area / scope of work. This position supports the development of an overall integrated plan and budget for the project and to establish effective and fully transparent reporting and controls across the whole project.
To establish, develop and maintain schedules for each of the main programmes within the Sizewell C (SZC) Project. This will include the application of Project Control standards and expectations to support the timely and accurate preparation, production and maintenance of:
- A suite of integrated and logic linked schedules covering all aspects of the main programmes for the SZC project;
- Loading of cost and resource estimates within the schedule (where applicable); and production of project reports.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the SZC IWS.
- Production and control of cost and resource loaded (where applicable) baseline and current schedule, utilising approved work breakdown structures and techniques;
- Adherence to scheduling and project control standards across the project
- Overseeing and ensuring schedules are updated to an agreed timeframe.
- Support cost control, risk and change management teams where appropriate.
- Support the production of monthly reports through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
- Producing analysis of trends, generating performance indicators and providing feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
- Analysis and integration of schedules provided by contractors and suppliers.
- Support the estimating process.
- Establish and foster working relationships with all appropriate stakeholders pursuant to the discharging of your responsibilities or in aid of theirs.
- Liaise with other sections of NNB team; and
- Foster and practice EDF team values.
- Responsible for supporting schedule management and reporting for SZC project – including cost and earned value reporting and management; NNB & Resident Designer schedule management.
- Provide ad hoc support to the wider SZC Project Controls function to develop the capability of the team using knowledge from HPC and wider experience.
- Adherence to the current monthly Project Controls cycle and processes and support with any future development.
Nature and Scope:
The nature of the SZC Project is such that the requirements of each post may change significantly as the Project develops. This Job Description describes the current Principal Accountabilities of this role. However, it is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline indication of the areas of activities and may be amended considering changing needs of the Project. When changes are significant, they will be made in consultation with the SZC Project Controls Manager (Scheduling) and will be consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant experience within a project management or project control environment.
- Degree or equivalent suitable qualification / experience (Engineering / Project / Construction).
- Experience in major construction projects.
- Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques within an enterprise environment.
- Good working knowledge of P6.
- Practical working knowledge of Earned Value, Scheduling and Project Control processes and tools.
- High level of analytical and numerate skills.
- High standard of interpersonal skills with open communication – excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at interfacing and operating in a large corporate environment.
- Ability to work in a team as well as on their own initiative.
- Results focused tempered with a team centred approach.
- Strive for quality, excellence, and continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Experience of work in a multicultural environment would be advantageous (interface with peers in France and other
- Understanding of engineering design and licensing in a UK context ideally within a nuclear safety environment (desirable).
- Exhibits analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability.