Senior Commercial Manager (Nuclear)
Senior Commercial Manager, Nuclear
Our client, a major global engineering consultancy, are searching for experienced Commercial Managers to join their growing function within a Nuclear Power business.
- As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will have a leading role in major programmes.
- The Senior Commercial Manager is a key role within an integrated delivery team with significant responsibility. Supporting the Commercial Lead, you will develop the Commercial Team within the Nuclear Power business and will be responsible for the management and development of your team.
- Within a wider team you will be recognised as a commercial expert able to make a difference to drive best outcomes for Clients.
- You will report to a Commercial Lead or the Head of Commercial.
- As a Senior Commercial Manager you may be responsible for leading a professional commercial team.
Key Responsibilities include:
For the defined Senior Commercial Manager role, the key responsibilities are:
- Ensuring that operations are transparent, ethical, effective, efficient and in line with the vision, mission and strategic goals, with appropriate governance in line with company policy.
- Cultivating Innovation and creating new and better ways for the framework to be successful and drive positive change and continuous improvement.
- Embedding sustainability in solutions and project delivery.
- Effective supervision and management of delegated commercial scope of work, together with the day-to-day supervision of the commercial team for which you are responsible, in accordance with and Client governance and delegated authority.
- Managing Supplier / Contractor commercial relationships.
- Providing support to Procurement processes.
- Commercial management of allocated contracts, including contract notifications, change management and payment processes.
- Commercial management of contract conclusion, including agreement of final accounts.
- Professional development of self and people within the team.
- Stepping up to address difficult issues — saying what needs to be said and doing what needs to be done
All measured by project KPI achievement, zero write downs and excellent Client Satisfaction Survey (CSS) scores and ultimately overall achievement of delivery targets.
- Absolute commitment to safety, health and wellbeing: demonstrable leadership in a Culture of Caring and in delivery of health and safety performance.
- Inspirational leadership to drive and embed the company values and behaviours including the highest levels of integrity.
- Driving Vision and Purpose by painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Build diverse, effective, strong-identity teams that apply their skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- People leadership – leading, motivating, guiding, directing and evaluating the work of other employees, ensuring a culture of high challenge and high support, and the environment to allow staff to develop, to perform at their best and to achieve high performance
- Leads on sustainability and Plan Beyond; driving community engagement
All measured by a range of People KPIs, staff survey results and capability reviews and ultimately delivery targets.
Customers and Growth
- Supporting the establishment of strong and enduring relationships with the customer, partners, supply chain and stakeholders to ensure strategy delivery and position for future opportunities.
- Promote an outcome focused culture that provides value solutions to ensure customer success.
- Working with the wider business to create, shape and deliver innovative value adding solutions for Customers.
- Proposing and implementing innovative value propositions in the market that support customer strategy and differentiates from the competition.
- Delivery of the CMS and CMS-I strategy and key outcomes, as a team member of the Nuclear Power Projects Commercial team.
- Shaping customer thinking and supporting customers change programmes.
- An entrepreneurial approach, contributing to innovative and smarter value propositions and pricing/commercial offerings.
All measured through Client Satisfaction Survey scores, customer feedback, and ultimately overall achievement of delivery targets.
- Member of the RICS / CIPS or equivalent professional body
- Educated to degree-level
- Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
- Strong leadership, collaborative and team working skills, with the ability to act as deputy.
- Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of successful procurement and effective contract administration.
- Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
- Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
- Track record with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function
- Good understanding of the UK legal and regulatory framework.
- Experienced at operating in senior roles/levels; comfortable in managing stakeholders effectively at a senior level.
- Experience of working on nuclear projects/licensed sites.
- Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
- Knowledge of French or Polish language would be advantageous.
- SC level clearance.