Assistant IT Category Lead
Our client is recruiting several IT Assistant Category Lead roles that will span Hardware, Software Networks & Telecommunications, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Management teams.
Working as an Assistant Category Lead, you’ll be responsible for supporting Category Leads / Senior Category Leads, and the delivery of low complexity strategic sourcing events and category strategies. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring they understand the supply chains so they can offer the best solutions.
It’s important for this role that you understand and have experience of the sourcing / tendering process, but they can help support and grow your IT knowledge.
You’ll become part of a Global IT & Digital Procurement team, that is based in the UK and USA. The team deals with acquiring products, services and solutions across various Categories that include Infrastructure, Digital Services, Networks and Telecoms, Software and Hardware .
In this role you can showcase your creativity and commercial acumen and identify opportunities to drive value and deliver the net zero ambition. You can also build relationships and partner with the business to secure supply and manage demand, working with the supply chain to drive innovation, exploring new markets and technologies, and driving sustainability and social value.
• Understanding or experience of Category Management, strategic sourcing, agile product delivery, contract negotiations and commercial management
• Have a passion for enabling an affordable net zero and are motivated to make a difference
• Are proactive with a positive attitude and desire to learn
• Can confidently communicate, engage and build strong working relationships with stakeholders
• Have an understanding of project management principles and able to manage multiple projects
• Able to collate and organise data and enjoy the detail of costs and contracts
• Demonstrate role model behaviours by evidencing ‘finding a better way’, ‘doing the right thing’ and ‘making it happen’ values
• MBA, MS, CIPS Level 5 (Advanced Diploma) preferred. Successful completion of professional negotiation coursework preferred
• An equivalent combination of education and extensive subject matter expertise along with procurement experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education requirements listed above
• A competitive salary of between £37,000 and £43,650, dependent on capability and experience.
• Annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
• A generous pension scheme – double match your contribution up to 12%.
• 25 days’ annual leave (26 after two years’ service) plus the option to buy / sell up to 5 days per year.
• Life insurance – 10 x annual salary
o Flexible benefits (Share Incentive Plan, Salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, Support via employee assistance lines, Matched charity plus many more)
• Induction training on the core Procurement processes and support with regular ongoing learning and personal development including CIPS membership
• Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role
• Generous family friendly policies and family care benefits
• Access to numerous apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing
• Opportunity to be part of Employee Resource groups
Location: As part of a hybrid working approach where colleagues work flexibly, these roles offer a mix of office working in Warwick and home working.