IT & Digital Category Lead
Our client is recruiting a number of IT Category Lead roles that will span their Hardware, Software Networks & Telecommunications, Professional Services and Infrastructure Management teams.
Working as a Category Lead you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of medium complexity strategic sourcing events and category strategies. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring they understand the supply chains so they can offer the best solutions.
You’ll become part of a Global IT & Digital Procurement team, that is based in the UK and USA. The team deals with acquiring products, services and solutions across various categories that include Infrastructure, Digital Services, Networks and Telecoms, Software and Hardware.
In this role you can showcase your creativity and commercial acumen and identify opportunities to drive value and deliver the net zero ambition. You can also build relationships and partner with the business to secure supply and manage demand, working with the supply chain to drive innovation, exploring new markets and technologies, and driving sustainability and social value.
• Practical experience in supporting development and delivery of IT category or IT sourcing strategies and management of tendering events
• Can confidently communicate, engage, and build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Effective project management skills.
• Can collate and organise data, analyse commercial issues and bring insight to the detail of costs and contracts.
• Can navigate their own way through a complex organisation and effectively solve problems.
• Are proactive with a positive attitude and desire to learn.
• Demonstrate role model behaviours by evidencing ‘finding a better way’, ‘doing the right thing’ and ‘making it happen’ values.
• A passion for enabling an affordable net zero and are motivated to make a difference.
• A CIPS qualification or working towards is beneficial but they can support professional development.
If you can help them deliver new solutions that work for customers and support the energy transition, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
• Salary up to £49,500, dependent on capability and experience.
• Annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
• A generous pension scheme – double match your contribution up to 12%.
• 26 days’ annual leave plus the option to buy / sell up to 5 days per year.
• Life insurance – 10 x annual salary
• Flexible benefits (Share Incentive Plan, Salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, Support via employee assistance lines, Matched charity plus many more)
• Induction training on our core Procurement processes and support with regular ongoing learning and personal development including CIPS membership
• Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role
• Generous family friendly policies and family care benefits
• Access to numerous apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing
• Opportunity to be part of our Employee Resource groups
Location: As part of their hybrid working approach where colleagues work flexibly, these roles offer a mix of office working in Warwick and home working.