Senior Data Analyst
Job title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Remote* / Hybrid* / Office working, with offices in Nottingham, Leicester, London and Bolton. *to attend face-to-face meetings as required.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join their growing Data team. This role will be responsible for providing up-to-date, accurate, and relevant data analysis to drive business decisions.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast paced environments with high levels of empowerment, and is focused on making a difference. You are excited to create insights and resolve complex business problems. You enjoy the start-up mentality and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small, while also comfortable to find more scalable solutions as we mature our capability. You want to be part of growing the company, and therefore to grow with the company.
A taste of what you’ll be doing:
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation in a consultative approach to understand their needs and determine the best data / analytics approach
- A trusted data expert, knowing what data is available, and which analytical technique is most relevant, ranging from tableau dashboards through to segmentations and root cause analysis
- Passionate about impact, whether unpacking the why, delivering optimal customer intelligence data products or delivering powerful insights empowering the organisation to be data driven
- Comfortable in “storytelling” and visualisation, delivering insights and recommendations in a clear, relevant and action-oriented manner to senior members of the organisation
- Taking ownership of the more complex projects, comfortable with ensuring right first time outputs on time
- Passionate about best practice, innovation and development, ensuring we continuously challenge ourselves and innovate.
- Proven experience as a senior data analyst, most likely 4+ years ideally with energy retail experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and high levels of curiosity
- Advanced SQL and Python knowledge.
- Experienced with advanced analytics techniques including modelling, and segmentation
- Strong experience with visualisation tools, preferably Tableau
- Experienced working with cloud platforms, to build data pipelines, ideally DataBricks
- Experience with Git, or similar, using branches and pull requests for collaborative development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage non-technical audiences
- Thrives in environments with high levels of empowerment that are fast paced
- Amazing team player focused on collaboration and communication
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field, e.g statistics, mathematics etc.
Package & Benefits
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays – this includes a guarantee of your birthday if you want.
- A generous pension scheme.
- The chance to choose from our Flexible Benefits range
- Holiday buying, Sharesave, EV leasing
- They round off the week when by downing tools at the regular Friday social.