Project Controls Manager
Job Title: Project Controls Manager (Nuclear)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Our client, a global leader in engineering and construction, are searching for an experienced Project Controls Manager.
As a Project Controls Manager, you will be an integral part of a UK Nuclear Power Programmes team. Working closely with the Operations team, you will support a variety of Frameworks and Projects, with a primary focus on Hinkley Point C & Sizewell C, as well as sites in Poland. Reporting to the Head of Project Controls (Nuclear Power), this role offers a unique opportunity to lead all aspects of Project Controls within the NPP Business.
- Manage and lead the NPP Project Controls team, ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to handle financial and commercial matters effectively.
- Coordinate quarterly business forecast updates across multiple stakeholders.
- Oversee project set up, change control, closeout, and reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate project cost allocation and forecasting.
- Monitor and analyze revenue and gross margin.
- Administer accruals, monthly reporting, and third-party payments.
- Assist in client invoicing with support from the Project Accountant.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency in cost management systems such as Oracle & EcoSys (or equivalent).
- Experience in a project delivery environment.
- Familiarity with NEC Projects is desirable (but not essential).
- Understanding of project management principles, cost engineering, and financial control/measurement.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of Power BI is a plus.
- HNC Level education or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and presenting.
The employer foster a culture that is built on safety, integrity, inclusion, and diversity. They believe in supporting one another and promoting positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Their commitment to inclusion and diversity drives their innovation and creativity. They value individuals for who they are and embrace diversity in age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
They value their people and provide a supportive environment for personal and professional growth. With a diverse team spread across 40+ countries, they offer a range of exciting opportunities to advance your career and contribute to meaningful projects that shape communities.
Join their team and discover a fulfilling career. They offer a competitive package that includes free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits, professional development opportunities, and more.
They also encourage work-life balance and flexibility, including discussions around hybrid, part-time, and flexible working arrangements that suit both you and their business.
If you’re ready to evolve, grow, and succeed, apply now and be part of a mission to make a positive impact to the UK’s energy infrastructure.