Home Ownership Administrator
Are you an experienced and organised individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a diverse range of people? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
We are currently seeking a temporary Home Ownership Administrator to join our team for a four-week assignment.
As a Home Ownership Administrator, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Home Ownership team with the following duties:
- Further advances
- Alteration requests
- Leaseholder consultation
- Support to the Right to Buy and Right to Acquire application process
- Liaison with customers’ solicitors and local offices in relation to received applications or subsequent queries
- Ensuring all procedures are followed with regard to the sale of the property
- Dealing effectively with all correspondence, enquiries, and complaints, referring issues to colleagues as appropriate and sending out acknowledgement letters
- Ensuring that high-quality, good-value services are delivered in accordance with the Association’s business plan
- Continuously improving services to our customers
- Ensuring that liaison with the Customer Service Centre staff, local housing teams, and other teams are effective in achieving a seamless service to customers
- Logging all solicitors, leaseholders, estate agents, and purchasers’ enquiries about re-sales and assignments, ensuring that information is sent out within deadlines and recorded
- Ensuring all leaseholder information is filed quickly and efficiently and helping to set up new filing systems as requested by the Home Ownership Team Manager
- Creating, amending and summarising customer and computer records as required and ensuring the accuracy of any computer input
- Providing assistance in producing any bulk mailings or associated processes
- Maintaining and using IT systems and databases to seek and/or provide statistical or other information
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Excellent all-round communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate with all customers, internal and external, and to act in a professional manner
- Flexibility, tolerance, and non-judgemental approach to work, able to deal with a wide range of tasks, situations, and people
- A well-organised and methodical approach to work
- An understanding of the Association’s commitment to diversity and equality
- Good computer literacy skills, familiar with the use of Word, Outlook, Internet, and spreadsheets
- The ability to manipulate electronic data and produce reports
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
At our company, we believe in offering our employees a range of benefits to make their working experience enjoyable and fulfilling. As a Home Ownership Administrator, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
Flexibility: We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible working hours (9-5 or 8-4) and an environment that allows you to work from home and in the office.
Competitive hourly rate: We believe in paying our employees fairly for the work they do. That’s why we offer a competitive hourly rate of £11.44 per hour.
Career development: We are committed to investing in our employees’ career development. You will have the opportunity to gain new skills and progress within the company.
Supportive team: Our team is made up of friendly and supportive individuals who are passionate about what they do. You will have the opportunity to work alongside like-minded people who will offer guidance and support when needed.
So, if you’re an experienced and organised individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, then apply now to become a Home Ownership Administrator and join our friendly and supportive team.