Business Analyst – Air Freight
Job Title: Business Analyst – Airfreight
Location: Upminster, UK
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst to join their expert BA team and become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Air Freight function. The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders to revolutionize the way they work, and be responsible for identifying and delivering improvement opportunities.
- Take responsibility for improving the ways of working for the Air Freight function
- Capture information on problems or opportunities via Use Cases and UML
- Provide regular communication with stakeholders and share project updates, encouraging stakeholder ‘buy-in’ to proposed solutions
- Provide or facilitate support & training to all stakeholders where appropriate
- Collaborate with the wider BA team to create a complete Knowledge Base for all processes and procedures within the business
- Work with stakeholders on UAT/BETA testing of releases, ensuring fast feedback to the Product Owner
- Support the project lifecycle through Request, Requirement Gathering, Demo, Build, Test, Hyper Care, and Business as Usual
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise:
- You can apply structured approaches to identify, investigate, analyse and communicate complex business problems and opportunities, within a defined project.
- You can analyse business goals, objectives, functions and processes, using relevant information and data to support the definition of requirements.
- You can conduct options analysis, assess feasibility and operational impact, quantify potential business benefits and contribute to business case development.
- You can understand the effect of potential changes and how business processes, systems, structures, data and roles and responsibilities interact with one another.
- You can lead the analysis, identification, design, prioritisation and implementation of process and business changes to improve business operations and services.
- You can support the implementation of proposed business improvements.
- You can apply business analysis and evaluation skills with minimal direction to support the design, execution and assessment of business process tests and usability evaluations within a project.
- You can select and use the most appropriate tools and techniques to support the planning, analysis, development, testing, implementation and improvement of systems and services within a project.
- You can identify, analyse, challenge and validate business and user requirements.
- You can co-ordinate and review the prioritisation of requirements.
- You can use appropriate requirements management life cycle methods to complete tasks and outputs related to the project.
- You can identify, analyse, manage and monitor relationships with and between internal and external stakeholders.
- You can identify and analyse IT system capabilities and can develop models and system requirements for bespoke IT systems or software packages, with minimal supervision.
- You can identify business scenarios and develop acceptance criteria to ensure requirements can be traced to develop functionality.
- You can apply basic techniques to analyse, validate and prioritise user experience needs.
- You can present findings in an accessible and easy to understand way to support data-informed decision making, based on user research.
- Qualifications in at least 1 of the following disciplines would be highly desirable: Six Sigma (Yellow Belt or Higher); BCS Business Analyst; APMG Change Management
- Experience and knowledge in supply chain, warehousing or freight would be beneficial but not required
- Full UK Driving Licence Required as there is travel to the company site at Heathrow on a weekly basis