Our client is a leading technology provider to the market research industry. They help their clients gain a deeper insight into the digital lives of consumers through cutting-edge technology. They are looking for an entry-level Data Engineer to join their team.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working in the data pipeline team whose main function is developing, maintaining, and improving the end-to-end data pipeline at RealityMine that includes real-time data processing, extract, transform, load jobs, and data analytics on a complex and large dataset. You will be working on complex data problems in a challenging and fun environment, using some of the latest Big Data open source technologies like Apache Spark, as well as Amazon Web Service technologies including Elastic MapReduce, Athena, and Glue to develop scalable data solutions.
- The ability to problem solve.
- Programming experience doing data processing and manipulation.
- Knowledge of Scala or OO language such as Java or C# – Scala is the main development language for our data pipeline, so if not already familiar with it, you will be expected to learn it as part of your work.
- SQL or Python development experience.
- Understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude, willing to help other members of the team.
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system.
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- Understanding of database technologies and standards.
- Experience working on large and complex datasets.
- Understanding of infrastructure automation such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Exposure to Serverless technologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of agile software development practices including continuous integration, automated testing, and working with software engineering requirements and specifications.
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, and other CI/CD tools.
Package & Company Benefits:
- Salary offer is up to £31k per annum
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking and a secure bike shed
- Variety of working environments I.e. standing desks, sofas, private working pods
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life assurance
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- Informal dress code
- Cycle to work scheme
- Branded company merchandise
- New company laptop (Dell or Apple Mac – your choice)
- One-to-one learning and development coaching sessions
- Support and budget available for training programmes
- Online well-being resource centre
- Seasonal office events
- ‘Giving back’ to Charity
- RealityHive social events in person and virtual
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Daily visit from local restaurant ‘Green Fork’ for lunch and snacks purchase
- Building vending machines
- On-site showers
- Work from home or in the office – it’s your choice
- Working from home equipment provided I.e. desk, screen and chair
- RealityMine Colleague £100 pot to spend on additional working from home items
- Office days- lunch provided for team meetings, collaborations, and business needs
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstance
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
- Birthday and seasonal gifts sent to your door
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
- Friday virtual 3pm drinks
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please submit your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!