Finance Systems MI Support Analyst
Our client is seeking an Assistant Reporting Developer to join their Finance team in their central B’ham office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Reporting Manager, as well as other members of the Finance teams, and with IT colleagues.
The Assistant Reporting Developer will be responsible for the delivery of Finance reports using existing tools (including Oracle BI and SQL, SQL Management Studio, Excel, PowerQuery and Power BI). They will collaborate with IT colleagues to develop automated reporting solutions. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of IT skills and experience, with knowledge of the database platforms and reporting tools used within the business.
Key daily tasks include:
• Assist in collecting and documenting requirements from Financial Users
• Assist in identifying data sources
• Assist in create data models
• Assist in creating visualisation layer for end users (dashboards, filters, views, charts, trends, user security driven access to data)
• Assist in documenting the technical specifications of the reports
• Assist in publishing and maintaining the reports (fixes, changes, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Development, and should have at least two years of experience in a related field. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of database principles and query writing, along with the ability to write complex SQL queries. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have excellent problem-solving skills.
This will be a Fixed-Term Contract of 12 months.
The salary offer stands at £34.5k.
If you are interested in this role and think you possess the necessary skills and qualifications, then make sure to apply!