Purchase Ledger Clerk
Basic salary: £19,000 – £21,000 per annum.
The business you’ll be working for is an independent training and management consultancy
In this role you’ll be primarily responsible for insuring all the relevant documents are processed correctly enabling suppliers to be paid within agreed terms.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Managing the AP mailbox responding to all supplier queries and escalating when appropriate
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is filed appropriately
- Posting all supplier transactions and keeping the AP ledger up to date
- Processing New supplier requests and building new processes as we develop the business
- Reporting on the creditors weekly with specific details on outstanding PO’s / invoices without approval
- Business partnering across several departments to manage the manual approval process and support the PO process
- Reconciling supplier statements monthly
- Creating the weekly supplier payment proposal, uploading into the bank, and posting payments to the ledger
- Performing daily bank reconciliations
- Preparing and submitting monthly VAT returns
To be considered for this role you’ll need at least one year of experience in Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger
In addition it’s really important that you possess the following:
- High attention to detail skills
- Outstanding organisation skills
- High understanding of MS Excel including Vlook ups and pivot tables
- Approachable, good communicator with a sense of humour
- Experienced AP professional with history of performing bank recs and VAT returns
You will also need to be able to do the following:
- Able to travel to Nuneaton
- Experienced in matching invoices to purchase orders
- Experienced in managing AP mailboxes
- Experienced in using an ERP system
Ultimately, if you’ve got all of the above you could be a great fit for this role, and we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Payable, Purchase Ledger Assistant or as an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Purchase Ledger Clerk role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.