IT Technical Analyst
Our client is a leading UK housing association based in Coventry, providing affordable homes and supporting communities. They are looking for an experienced IT Project Analyst to work with key business stakeholders, developing requirements for change projects with a technology focus.
The role will be a project-length fixed-term contract, running until the end of July. Hybrid work is offered; 9-5 is standard, but open to flexible hours to suit you. The rate is £17.57 per hour
The successful candidate will lead on the definition of quality requirements for use by internal and external development and implementation teams, and work with stakeholders to define ways of working that encourage system adoption and minimize customization and development of solutions.
• Analyse current ways of working and define future ‘to be’ processes using appropriate techniques, such as process mapping.
• Prepare comprehensive documentation of these processes across the domains of business, data, applications, and technology.
• Document the requirements including detailed acceptance criteria using user story techniques.
• Conduct gap analysis in order to define the change required.
• Work with Solutions Architects to translate requirements into functional specifications.
• Provide the link between the customer, development team, and any third parties regarding understanding of processes, requirements, and software functionality throughout the development lifecycle.
• Work with the test team to prepare detailed test plans to evidence the realization of the requirements and support testing as required.
• Evaluate solution documentation, e.g., release notes, and analyse the impact on current ways of working and planned changes.
• Support Project and IT Managers in the delivery of change by contributing to change planning, risk management, budget management, etc.
• Use DevOps to accurately document all requirements, decisions, and progress.
• Experience of process/system implementation.
• Demonstrable experience in various analysis methods/techniques.
• Strong facilitation, communication (written and verbal), listening and presentation skills, with experience of running results-driven workshops.
• Working knowledge and appreciation of a range of project methodologies (waterfall, agile).
• Ability to work in high-pressure situations ensuring deadline objectives are achieved through effective planning.
• Exceptional analytical, numerical, and written skill.
• Excellent business relationship and stakeholder management skills.
• Results orientated with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders through effective interpersonal skills.
• Proven experience of documenting complex business and system processes, including use of Visio or specific process modelling tool.
• Proven experience of working in complex IT change programs.
• Proven experience of requirements gathering and analysis.
• End-to-end experience of the project lifecycle.
• Experience interacting directly with end-users in a project scenario.
• Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Experience of D365CE.
• BCS Business Analysis Diploma.
• Knowledge of lean processing techniques / PRINCE2 / TOGAF.
• Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt accreditation.
• Experience in the use of agile development methodologies.
• Experience working within Social Housing sector.
• Experience of working in an ITIL environment.
If you meet the essential requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter. Orbit is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.