We are hiring a AWS Cloud Engineer a fast-paced company specialising in the optimisation and delivery of professional services and managed services around all aspects of Public Cloud solutions with a specific focus on AWS.
They want to change the way people look at and use Public Cloud services as we believe any organisation from small start-ups to large multinationals can unleash the power these services to improve their business efficiency.
They are driven to deliver the best professional and Managed Services to our customers in this competitive marketplace.
We are looking for a person who is excellent at engaging in technical discussions and can lead by example, spreading their knowledge and working as a part of our team of Cloud Engineers to help improve our customers’ cloud infrastructure through cost reduction, improved performance, increased reliability and improved operations and security. Using the AWS Well Architected Framework, this role performs Well Architected reviews and implements remediations to ensure compliance with architectural best practice.
Our client has established ourselves as a sociable and approachable company whether this is internally or at external / customer events so the ideal candidate should be both technically confident and sociably comfortable in front of people.
AWS Cloud Engineer Role Key Objectives
- Perform AWS workload reviews against the AWS Well-Architected framework
- Engage with customers to scope out remediation activities based on Well-Architected reviews
- Remediate and enhance customer AWS Cloud environments
- Report on progress to internal and customer stakeholders
- Support initiatives to identify and implement process efficiencies
AWS Cloud Engineer Essential Skills
- Demonstrable AWS cloud engineer and implementation experience
- Exposure to and knowledge of the AWS Well-Architected framework
- Strong understanding of cloud services and infrastructure components (IAAS/PAAS)
- Solid technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience of CloudFormation / Terraform for building AWS infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of scripting
- Experience in producing technical and scoping documentation
- Excellent documentation skills across technical and operational process areas
- Strong time and task management with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in a customer-facing role
- Current valid AWS ‘Solutions Architect’ (Associate or Professional) or ‘DevOps’ Professional certification or speciality certifications
- Experience of other cloud automation and orchestration tools / services e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Knowledge and experience of CI/CD pipeline tools e.g. Code Commit / Build/ Deploy / Pipeline, Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Knowledge and experience with scripting e.g. Powershell, ASP.NET, NodeJS.
- Skills around cloud security & DevSecOps
- Exposure to other cloud environments such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform or private clouds
- Experience working within a Professional Services or Managed Services provider
- Competitive Base Salary
- 25 Days paid time-off + BH’s
- Extra Days holiday for your birthday (Should it fall on a weekday)
- Inclusion into the company bonus scheme. (Following a successful probation period)
- Flexible Working
- Company Laptop and Peripherals
- Company Wellness Scheme
- Company Sabbatical Scheme
- Personalised Training Programme
- Participate in technical pre-sales activities (supporting the commercial teams) to scope out customer AWS workloads