AWS SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
Our client is a fast-paced start-up specializing in the delivery of technical professional services for the public cloud. They want to change the way that people look at and use cloud services as we believe that any organisation from small start-ups to large multinationals can unleash the power of these services to improve their business.
They work with IT Services providers and enable them to identify opportunities for their customers looking at public cloud solutions. We work seamlessly with their sales and technical teams to scope the opportunities before working with their customers to implement effective technical solutions.
We are looking for a person who is excellent at engaging in technical discussions and can lead by example, spreading their knowledge and working as a part of our team of architects to design, build and deliver solutions on AWS.
Our client has established ourselves as a sociable and approachable company whether this is internally or at external / customer events so the ideal candidate should be both technically confident and sociably comfortable in front of people.
ROLE KEY OBJECTIVES
- Participate in technical pre-sales activities (supporting the commercial teams)
- Capture customer requirements and present technical solution options
- Produce detailed technical solution designs
- Implement, test and handover cloud solutions
- Migrate workloads into the cloud
- Investigate and implement automation, time-saving and efficiency tools and approaches where possible
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OF AWS SOLUTION ARCHITECT
- Current valid AWS ‘Solutions Architect’, ‘SysOps Administrator’ or ‘Developer’ Associate certification
- (or equivalent skills/experience)
- Demonstrable AWS cloud solution design, build and migration skills
- Strong understanding of cloud services and infrastructure components (IAAS/PAAS)
- Solid technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience of CloudFormation for AWS cloud automation and orchestration
- Experience producing high and low-level technical designs
- Excellent documentation skills across technical and operational process areas
- Strong time and task management with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in a customer-facing role
- Current valid AWS ‘Solutions Architect’ or ‘DevOps’ Professional certification or speciality certifications
- Experience of developing reference architectures, standards, and framework
- Experience of other cloud automation and orchestration tools/services e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Knowledge and experience of CI/CD pipeline tools e.g. CodeCommit/Build/Deploy/Pipeline, Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Knowledge and experience with scripting e.g. Powershell, ASP.NET, NodeJS.
- Skills around cloud security & DevSecOps
- Exposure to other cloud environments such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform or private clouds
- Experience working within an IT Services or Managed Services provider
- Backup and disaster recovery experience to and/or within the cloud